Queens Cross Community Chest
The Queens Cross Community Chest has been set up to help children and young people aged 1-25.
It gives access to grants of up to £150 to pay for activities, equipment, training, clothing and clubs that might not be affordable otherwise.
What can we fund?
- Equipment for an event or activity
- Fees for clubs, classes or membership of a group
- Trips and travel
- Education such as evening classes, courses or extra tuition
- Skills development
- Clothing for a specific event or need e.g. a job interview, winter coat, shoes
Who is the grant aimed at?
- Young people aged 25 and under
- Young people living or attending school in Queens Cross Housing Association's area of operation
Who can complete an application?
- Young people between the ages of 16-25*
- Anyone who works with a young person under the age of 25
- A parent, teacher or carer
- A local community or youth worker who knows the family or young person
- Applications for under 16s must be a completed by an adult such as a family member, teacher or group/activity leader.
The Community Chest is run by the Garscube Community Foundation with funding from Queens Cross Housing Assoication and Queens Cross Workspace.
The fund has also been set up alongside 'Year of Young People 2018' - a campaign for young people to come together and give them a stronger voice in society.
How to apply
- Fill out the application form below and submit at the bottom of the page
- Download the application form and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions before you apply, or questions about your application, get in touch with us:
Tel: 0141 589 7435
For more information on the 'Year of young people 2018' initiative, visit their website.
How could our Community Chest fund help young people in our area? Hear from those who work with our young people every day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88ssLTl-ytk.