Energy bills support scheme
Don't miss out on £400 towards your energy!
- All households should get monthly payments totalling £400 to help with their energy costs this winter.
- You might miss out if your supplier doesn’t have accurate contact information for you.
- Customers with credit/dry meters or Smart prepayment meters should get the payment automatically - details here.
- However, customers with older/non-Smart prepayment meters will only receive this grant if the supplier can contact them by text, email or post.
- If the supplier doesn't have an account in your name, or if they don't have an up to date phone number or email address, then you could miss out.
- Please check your bills, online account etc. to make sure all the information is correct.
- If you’re not sure, please contact your supplier to check the information they have for you.
- Please open anything from your supplier as soon as possible such as texts, emails and letters, especially between October 2022 and March 2023. The vouchers might expire if they’re not used soon after they’re sent out.
- Watch out for scams - Suppliers and the DWP won’t need to ask for your bank details or other sensitive information to make this payment.
- If someone contacts you to ask for information related this scheme and you’re not sure, end the call and phone your supplier on the number online to check.