Need advice on social security benefits or tax credits?
Our welfare rights staff are here to help.
This a free, confidential and independent service.
We can help you to:
- choose the right benefits* to claim
- maximise your entitlements to benefits
- protect benefits you are already getting
- fill in benefit claim forms
- deal with letters about benefits
- appeal against benefit decisions (where appropriate)
- answer your enquiries about benefits.
Our team can also:
- speak on your behalf to the benefit authorities where appropriate
- act on your behalf in appropriate appeals, attending tribunal hearings when needed
- where a tribunal refuses your appeal, help you to take the appeal further if an arguable point can be found.
*When we say benefits, we also mean tax credits. We offer the same services in relation to tax credits as we do for benefits paid by the Department for Work and Pensions or by the local authority.
Who can use the service?
- people whose home is rented from Queens Cross Housing Association
- people whose home is factored by Queens Cross Factoring.
To talk or arrange an appointment, call the Welfare Rights team on 0808 143 2002.
Welfare Rights Leaflet