As a Queens Cross tenant you have responsibilities to us as your landlord. These are outlined in full detail in your tenancy agreement however a few key responsibilities are listed below. If you have any queries about these then please contact your housing officer who will be happy to discuss them:
You have a responsibility to:
- pay your rent
- report any repairs
- notify us of any changes in circumstances that may affect your tenancy
- not run any kind of business from your house.
- allow your house to become overcrowded
- get our written permission before keeping a domestic pet – please note that permission will not be given for keeping a dog in multi storey flats
- put all household rubbish for collection in the bin store or other allocated place.
Take reasonable care to prevent any damage to:
- the property
- furniture (if provided by us)
- the fixtures and fittings
- the common parts
- your neighbour’s property.
Not act in an anti social manner to any person in your neighbourhood i.e.
- make excessive noise
- fail to control your pets properly
- use motorised vehicles on public footpaths, pavements or backcourts
- allow visitors to your house to be noisy and disruptive
- allow your property to be used for illegal or immoral purposes.
- vandalise or damage our property or any part of the common parts or neighbourhood
- leave rubbish in unauthorised places
- allow your children to cause nuisance or annoyance to other people.
- harass or assault any person in the house, or neighbourhood for whatever reason
- use or carry offensive weapons
- sell alcohol or deal in controlled drugs.