Older People's Service
Our Older People's Service
Extra support for people aged 60 and over.
Our older people's service gives extra support to Queens Cross Housing Association tenants aged 60 and over. Our aim is to help you live independently for longer.
What help is available?
We understand that as you get older, it can be more difficult to manage your home, and to be an active part of our community. We're here to help, with a range of services to support your independence as a tenant at Queens Cross.
Our retirement service gives you more support with managing your tenancy.
How much support will I get?
When you first join our retirement service, we'll contact you regularly. Once you're settled in, we'll generally see you once a week, unless you need more help - in which case, we can visit as often as you like.
What does our retirement housing service offer?
- Helping you settle in to your home.
- Help managing your money.
- Looking after your home.
- Day-to-day support.
- Supporting your social life.
- Help accessing other services.
Do I have to pay?
There is a charge for this service which we'll collect at the same time as your rent. You may be able to claim housing benefit to cover the cost. Ask us if you'd like to know more.
What the service doesn't include?
If you need more help - for example with getting dressed, bathing, cooking meals, eating, or cleaning and shopping - we don't provide these services ourselves. But we will help you arrange the support you need.
If you fall or become unwell, and you have no one else to support you, we will support you until any long-term care is in place.
This service is free and available to all Association tenants aged 60 and over.
This is what we can do:
- Be there for you if you have a serious illness.
- Work with other peiple involved in your care.
- Arrange for you to get extra support from carers or other home care services.
- Make sure you get any aids and equipment you need.
- Support you if you need help to attend GP, physiotherapy appointments or blood tests.
- Get you back on your feet.
When you leave hospital, we'll work with the hospital's discharge team to get you home. Once you're home, we'll visit you regularly to see how you're doing.
Events and activities
We provide a range of events and activities for older people, to help you keep active and feel part of the community.
The Hub at 472 Maryhill Road is the base for many of our activities, get-togethers, clubs, service information and events. We will be able to help you find an activity that's right for you.
Help you find support in your local community.
- Imrpove your health and wellbeing.
- Increase your social circle.
- Find interesting things to do.
- Enjoy a more vibrant, independent life.
For a full and detailed review of everything the Older People's Service offers, read our booklet here.
We're available Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm and 8.30am to 12 noon on weekends and public holidays.
Tel: 0141 945 4371