Applying for a house

Queens Cross Housing stockApplying for Housing

If you wish to apply for housing with QC you must complete a Housing Options with a member of staff. You can call into the office at 45 Firhill Road during the following days/times:

Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday


Housing Options appointments take around 45 minutes so please ensure that you allow yourself enough time to complete the application.

The Association operates a drop-in and there are no appointment times given. Please note that you may require to wait to be seen.

We require applicants to provide two proofs of residence and one form of photographic ID for yourself and every other person who is applying with you, examples of accepted evidence below:

  • Bank or Post Office statement
  • Passport
  • Child Benefit letter & Tax Credit award letter
  • Driving Licence
  • Utility bill
  • Proof of right to reside in UK
  • Proof of income pay slips, award of benefits letter, benefits details i.e. how your benefit is worked out and details of any other income e.g. works pension.

Please note that if you do not provide the above information you will be unable to apply for housing. 

We cannot accept proof of residence that is older than 4 months at the date of application.

I'm an existing tenant - can I apply for a home transfer?

If you’re an existing tenant who’d like to apply for a transfer, you should contact your Housing Officer. They’ll arrange an appointment for you to attend your local office to complete an application form.

When you’ve completed an application, we'll arrange a home visit appointment and carry out an inspection of your current property.

Please note that transfers are subject certain property condition standards. If the property doesn’t meet the standard expected, then transfers may be refused until the property is brought up to a suitable standard. This will be agreed at the property inspection visit.

Transfers may also be subject to clear rent accounts. So if you have rent arrears we can also refuse to consider your transfer until these have been cleared. 

Can I exchange my home with another tenant?

We offer mutual exchange programme, where tenants can exchange their homes with other Queens Cross tenants or tenants of other housing associations. Please see the Mutual Exchange tab for further information.

Read more about mutual exchange.