Updates on the current on-site works being undertaken at Hamiltonhill
Hamiltonhill Green Infrastructure
Works are almost complete to the parks and open spaces at Hamiltonhill. Further details can be found here: Hamiltonhill Parks and Open Spaces.
We are pleased to announce that the new green space at Bardowie Gardens has opened! We hope to open the remaining parks and green spaces as soon as possible, with some areas temporarily fenced off to give nature time to establish. Please be patient and stay off theese areas to protect the early growth of the new grass and plants.
We are also looking for some community involvement in suggesting possible names for the new play park and community park! Make your suggestion here.
Five new open spaces are being delivered, and will be available as follows:
- Play Park – The play park will be open for use soon. Areas of grass and wildflowers will have temporary protective fencing to allow the landscape to establish. This has taken longer than expected due to the warm dry weather in June but is now benefitting from the recent rainy period.
- Community Garden – Bardowie Gardens opened in August 2023 and includes a break out space for the community hall, an orchard area, shrub planting and amenity areas with bench seating and a pergola structure.
- Community Park – The lower end of the community park has opened up, with the upper level to be opened when protective handrails are able to be installed to the ramp and stairs. Temporary protection to grass, wildflower and shrub planting areas will be in place for a number of weeks. Remaining trees will be planted in autumn within the tree planting season to give them the best chance to thrive. Play equipment to the northern edge of the park will be installed following opening, including climbing stumps, chin up bars and a totem forest within areas of wildflowers and shrubs. Timber benches will also be installed around the park.
- Link Space - Shrub planting to the SUDS basin will have temporary protection to allow the landscape to establish. Metal fencing is currently being manufactured and will replace the temporary edge protection.
- Tranquil Space – Shrub planting to the SUDS basin will have temporary protection to allow the landscape to establish. Metal fencing is currently being manufactured and will replace the temporary edge protection.
The works are being carried out by Robertson Civil Engineering (RCE). RCE will continue to have a presence on site over the next few months as they complete installation of fencing, seating and play equipment.
Hamiltonhill Housing Update
Phase 1 of Hamiltonhill is underway and due to complete in early 2026.
Steel framed communal closes and concrete stairs have been installed to the four-storey flats in Areas 3 & 6 (corner of Stoneyhurst Street and the South-end of Carbeth Street). The timber kit for these areas is also in progress!
Note: The scaffolding makes the blocks look much bigger than they will be when complete!
↵ Back to Hamiltonhill Development